Looking for the Best Baby Crib? Newborn baby usually spend most of their time sleeping. From the time a kid is born up to 24 months – they are just lost in their sleeping space. If you have a toddler baby in your home right now- you know what I am talking about. As a parent, it is your job to make sure that to not to leave your kid alone except from the time when he is asleep. For a kid this is a long journey, when they don’t really know; what is happening around them? We can provide a nice crib to the little baby so they can rest well. Below I have talked in brief about the cribs
Top Rated Baby Cribs Comparison Chart
Top 5 Best Rated Baby Cribs Reviews
Dream On Me Violet 7 in 1 Convertible LifeStyle Crib
Violet 7-in-1 is warm relaxed baby bed manufactured by Dream On Me. The product has many features such as: 4 mattress space, convertibility, and design with high-quality wood.
Dream On Me has been building baby furniture for long period of time. They have cribs in all range: portable, mini, full-size and travel. So if you’re planning to buy one, Violet 7-in-1 can be a good option for you.
The reason is- with convertible 7-in-1 allows you transform your newborn’s baby bed to a toddler bed, daybed etc. In this post, we’ll discuss some pros and cons of buying this product.
- Multi-functional: These days when parent go out for shopping a baby bed, they always make sure that product is versatile. And that’s why Dream On Me made this product with 7-in-1 transformations.
- Safety: It is a certified product from CPSC and ASTM. So it is an added advantage as safety is the most important thing. You can confidently purchase this unit with assurance of providing a protective environment for your little one to sleep.
- Long Lasting: Even though this is not an expensive product, still you would always prefer the one that can be used for a long period of time.
- It is the most inexpensive baby crib available in the market that comes with lots of benefits.
- The assemble process is easy so you won’t find it difficult to make it ready to use.
- It takes much more space to fit in the room.
- You’ll need to pay some extra bucks to buy the mattress as it doesn’t come with unit.
In nutshell, 7-in1 is a classic small size baby-crib that has much more functionality which is not easily available in other ordinary cribs. The unit get a rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars on Amazon reviews which make it our top ten baby crib of 2017.
Stork Craft Portofino 4-in-1 Fixed Side Convertible
Convertible cribs are made to make your newborn’s life pleasant, comfortable and most importantly safe. One such example of a convertible crib like this is- Stork Craft Portofino 4-in-1.
Whether you want to transform the crib into a day bed, toddler bed or full-size bed it’s easy to do that with Portofino 4-in-1. This means the kid can use it even when she will grow up.
Not only that, the product is completely safe to use and meet the standard safety requirements from CPSC and JPMA.
In this post, we’ll discuss in detail about the pros and cons of Portofino 4-in-1 Crib.
- Multi-functional: If you’re buying a crib- it has to be multi-functional. This is a versatile product; you can convert it into a toddler bed, full-size bed as per the baby’s need.
- Safety: Stork Craft makes products that are certified from relevant government organization, which means you don’t have to worry now about the safety part.
- Long Lasting: Once you have purchased this unit, you will find that it can be used for a longer period of time. Durability is one of the key factors that define a good crib.
- It comes with extra storage space like furniture drawers, shelves. The size of the storage is large enough to keep many things inside.
- The price is comparatively low as compare to other brands.
- It takes time to assemble the unit.
- Generally, a crib requires more space to properly fit in a room and same is the case with this unit as well.
Stork Craft has been building baby furniture for a long period of time. They know all the ups and downs of this industry, what makes a crib good. If you’re thinking to buy a high quality crib that also fits with your budget, this is the best choice.
Delta Children Emery 4-in-1 Crib
Emery 4-in-1 is a crib that you have always been waiting for. A small nice baby bed that comes with 4 versatile transformations to big size bed, it gives best heaven like place to your baby.
With a positive rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars on Amazon, Emery 4-in-1 is one of highest rated baby crib available in the market. The product is not just budget friendly but also provides a relaxed, cosy atmosphere to your newborn.
It is made with high quality wood, and can easily be adjusted in your home.
- Multi-functional: The product can be transformed into many different sizes of beds. It has been designed in such a way that you won’t have any difficulty in transforming the bed to a toddler bed.
- Safety: Delta Children is prominent brand known for its safety and high quality standards. The product is certified from JPMA.
- Long Lasting: Your baby will use this bed for years; the convertible feature allows you to transform the crib to a bed when the baby grows. In a nutshell, a great investment that will last for years.
- Height of the mattress can be adjusted whenever is required.
- This is an inexpensive product as compare to other baby cribs available in the market.
- If you have small size rooms in your home then you’ll find it little difficult to fit the unit.
- It takes time assemble the whole product because everything has to be put together in proper way to make sure that it is ready to use.
Stork Craft is an oldest baby furniture manufacture company, they have decades of experience in designing, building great quality infant beds. This product comes with huge size 3 drawers and 3 shelves so you already have plenty of space in there to keep necessary stuff.
Centennial Medford Lifetime 4-in-1 Crib
Centennial Medford is a prominent brand that has been building furniture for number of years. This latest 4-in-1 baby crib allows you to convert the crib into four different variations.
The product comes with luxury design, high quality wood and mattress. If you’re looking for an infant bed that will give your newborn’s restful place to sleep then Centennial Medford is what you need. Once you’ve purchased the product it can easily be adjusted in the room. That’s why; having a large room is plus point for you.
Below is list of feature and benefits of Lifetime 4-in-1 Crib by Centennial Medford:
- Multi-functional: The best thing about any convertible crib is- its versatility. With 4 transformations such as: full size bed, toddler bed, day bed etc. You can convert it into any form as per the baby’s need.
- Safety: Centennial Medford baby beds are certified from CPSC and JPMA organization. It means you get full assure of the safety.
- Long Lasting: Your infant baby will not going to use the crib just for few months. She will need that cosy bed for at least two or three years. The product can be used for longer period of time.
- Easy to assemble the whole unit whenever is needed.
- It comes with a big size and most importantly it is made up with high quality wood.
- Centennial Medford makes expensive product but they have quality that last for years.
- It takes huge space in room to fit in.
In nutshell, Centennial Medford Lifetime 4-in-1 is an ultimate crib for your baby. Whether you’re an experience buyer or buying it for the very first time, it will not be difficult for you to assemble the unit. The manual instruction allows you to easily put together each pieces of the crib.
Dream On Me 5 in 1 Brody Convertible Crib with Changer
Dream On Me 5-in-1 Brody is convertible crib that comes with various features. Currently, it is available in three different colours: white, cherry and black with a price of $249.99 on Amazon.
This is a comfortable infant bed that you have always been waiting to buy for your little ones. It has a nice beautiful design and manufactured with high quality wood. That means you don’t have to worry about the wear and tear as well.
Below I have discussed some of pros and cons of Dream On Me 5-in-1 Brody Convertible Crib. So you can get a fair idea what this product offers you.
- Multifunctional: 5-in-1 Brody Convertible allows you to change the baby crib into 5 different variations. So when baby starts to grow you can convert it into a toddler bed.
- Safety: One of the most important things to look for while buying a crib is- safety. If the product is safe enough to provide relax and cosy environment to baby – that is all you need. And it is a certified product from the CPSC and JPMA organization.
- Long Lasting: Your infant baby will not going to use the crib just for few months. She will need that cosy bed for at least two or three years. The product can be used for longer period of time.
- Dream On Me 5-in-1 Body is a budget friendly product that comes with various features such as great design, convertibility and mattress support.
- As the size is huge so you can put other soft toys as well.
- You need to have big size rooms in your home to fit the whole product.
- It require a lot of time to assemble the unit and make it ready to use.
At the end, Broody 5-in-1 Convertible Crib is great investment for a long time. With excellent design, super high quality wood and safety features you get everything need for a best baby crib. The instruction manual has everything you need to know about – How to assemble the unit?
What Is A Baby Crib?
Whether you need to buy a crib or bassinet depends on various factors such as the size, comfort, space etc. Although, this post is all about the crib so that’s the only thing we will talk about here.
Cribs are the small size baby bed designed for the kids of the age group 0 to 18 months. Newborn baby take times to reach to a stage when they start stepping outside or walk. And a bed is an important place to rest. Cribs are the very first thing you need to purchase when you have a baby, although a bassinet does the same job but with minor difference.
Why Do You Need The Good Quality Baby Crib?
You might be thinking- “Can’t we use the regular beds for the newborns?” Well, of course, you can!
We all have two or three beds in our home. But using an ordinary home bed is definitely not a right choice. You can’t assure safety, peace and relaxation with your king size bed for the kids. Following are reasons why a crib is right thing for your kid:
- Safety: Safety is one of the main concerns, why you shouldn’t let your kid sleep on the ordinary bed. Cribs come with four huge size walls to protect the kid from falling on the ground.
- Versatility: The good thing about baby crib is- most of them are convertible. So, you don’t need to buy another bed when the newborn turn to a toddler.
- Comfort: When it comes to baby crib, they have warmth and relaxed mattress. Let the kid have some relief in their zone.
- Convenient: Cribs are appropriate in size, height and length so you will not find it difficult to adjust them as per your kid age.
How To Choose The Best Baby Convertible Crib?
There are many things you need to consider while purchasing a baby crib. I have made a list of some of them, and I’m sure, you will have great deal of knowledge after reading this.
- Add-ons: Whether you are expecting a newborn or about to give birth soon. You will have to arrange a crib in advance. And memory foam mattress is one of the most important things you will look after once you purchase the crib. Memory Foam Mattress is used for the crib and provides a warm base to your little one’s bed. These days many different styles of mattress are available in the market, and waterproof mattress is one of them.
- Bedding: In simple words, bedding is about: bedclothes, accessories like soft toys and few other things you put near to little one. Some people go with the complete set of bedding accessories other buy it separately.
- Price Range: Baby Cribs are available in all price range from $100 to $500. Of course, you don’t really have to buy an expensive one if the budget doesn’t allow. But make sure that you buy a good one which is stable and the right for your kid.
- Material: The most common material used to manufacture crib is the wood. However, the standard of wood quality also varies from product. Some popular woods used to make cribs are: solid, oak, maple, ash and cherry. When choosing the wood, you can either go with softwood or hardwood, both have their own benefits. On the contrary, mattress uses memory foam to prepare the whole base structure for the crib. And they are usually very soft in nature.
- Quality: You should never consider a low quality product for your newborn. Even if you have no idea about high quality standard of the wood or mattress; make sure you do a research in advance. These are some of the most common brands that build the top notch baby cribs: EdenBaby, Nursery Works, Child Craft, Babyletto and Fisher price.
- Lockable Caster Wheels: They come with automatic wheels and lock system. You will not have any difficulty in transportation because the wheels let you move the crib very easily. Wheels have the lock feature too, so if you want to make a pause or stop the crib it is useful in that case. Apart from that, lockable wheels have the advantage of moving the crib in same direction. Suppose you are taking your little one on a ride or outside the home, it is useful to have lockable caster wheels.
- How Much Space Do You Have?
Cribs take up lot more space as they are big in size. That’s why you need to locate them in a room that has abundance of space. If you don’t own a big house you can still buy it but consider the size of the crib in advance that fits to the size of your home.
- Is The Crib A Standard Size?
Like I said earlier, cribs come in all sizes from mini to standard. The kind of Crib you need to buy for your little one absolutely depends on your priorities. Small size cribs are good in terms of price, space and portability. Whereas standard size cribs used when you have huge space at home, and you later want to convert the crib into a complete bed for the kid. They are bit expensive as compare to mini cribs. But a good long term investment.
- Does It Match With The Rest Of Your House?
You will need to make sure in advance that the crib does matches with the room you are going to put in. Of course, buying a very large size crib for a small room doesn’t make a good match. So you will need to be careful with all these stuff.
Different Types of Baby Cribs: Compared & Contrasted
There are different types of baby cribs available that comes with various features to provide safety, comfort and proper relaxation to your baby. All of them have some pros and cons, and you can choose what fits better to your need.
- Standard Baby Cribs: They don’t come with various features like drawers, shelves or convertible option. As the price is inexpensive anyone can afford it for their little one. The good thing about standard crib is it is nice comfortable place for the baby. In short- this is like a best sleeping space for your infant baby.
- Convertible Cribs: As the name suggests, Convertible Cribs can easily be transformed to a single or double bed. A long term investment and you don’t need to worry about buying another crib when the kid grows to a toddler. The price of convertible crib is somewhat high as compare to standard cribs but they are worth as you will get lots of features of transforming them to another bed.
- Portable Cribs: Are you worried that you will not be able to find space for the crib in your small house? Well, you can buy a portable crib. Portable Cribs are easy to move from one place to another with four nice wheels, they allow you to take it from one bed room to another. Generally, people with small houses and room prefer portable crib because of this reason. The second good thing about portable crib is- lockable caster wheels. Suppose you have taken the crib to a different room and now you want to place it there, you can easily put a lock on all the four wheels so they don’t move on its own.
- Travel Cribs: If you’re a person who travels quite often then ordinary cribs will not do the best for you. You need something that you can carry with yourself without any difficulty- and that is Travel Crib. Whether you’re going for a picnic or a small trip with your family, Travel Cribs are easy to carry. However, they are not long lasting.
- Bassinet: People with small home like to go with Bassinet. Bassinet doesn’t take much space like the convertible or any other cribs. They are also budget-friendly and fulfil all the needs for your baby.
- Multi-functional Cribs: Also known as multipurpose cribs, comes with extra furniture storage, and drawers. With multi-functional cribs you don’t need to purchase more furniture stuff for the crib.
Why You Should Put The Baby In The Top Rated Crib From The Day One?
Safety Concerns: What To Look Out For The Best Baby Cribs
- Don’t Use Bulky Blankets Or Pillows: All the parents’ wants to make a better heaven like place to sleep for their kid and to achieve this goal- they buy lots of additional stuff along with crib. While making a home like heaven for your newborn, one must not forget that too much blanket, pillows and extra stuff can suffocate the atmosphere within the crib. A small nice blanket that is warm is sufficient enough to provide a relaxed environment to the kid.
- Make Sure It’s A Certified Crib: Safety is one of the most important concerns while buying a crib. Every brand claim to be the best in their services and products, how do you really know if the crib is certified or meet the standard requirements? In reality, not all of them meets the requirement of federal government and sell a certified crib. So in this case, you must check whether the crib is certified from JPMA and CPSC organisation.
- Mattress Height: The exact height for the mattress is depends on the newborn’s age. High height mattress is required from the time when little baby is born upto 6 months. On the other hand, if the kid has started making efforts to get out from the crib – the height should be adjusted to lower.
- Never Go With Drop-Side Cribs: It was a time when Drop-Side cribs used to be the most popular baby beds available. Were they safe? Most of us know very well, Drop Side Cribs have never been a safest choice. Even it risks the life of your little baby. Federal government banned the production of drop-side crib after a report released that concluded many kids were died because of it.
- Follow Directions: Before you step outside to purchase the crib to the time you actually start using it for the newborn. You should consistently follow up the guidelines and safety rules to make sure that all the bolts, nuts and wood are safe.
Check the Height of the Corner Posts
People usually ignore this step; the height of corner post is a crucial thing to know. The standard height of corner post is: 1/16 inches. Reason why you need to choose this height and not larger than this, is because kid’s pajamas can get stuck on the corner post. And they might fall on the floor while standing up. However, a simple baby crib without the corner post or equal height is a much better choice.
Don’t Forget a Mattress & Sheets!
Without Mattress and Sheets a crib is incomplete. Of course, you do need both the things when you purchase a crib. Mattress is like a base inside the crib where the little one rests. So it has to be warm, cosy and kind of relax able.
Today, there are many brands makes the high quality mattress and bed sheets. You have to make sure that you go with a great product that fits right to the need of the little one. By that I mean- a stable product, with quality standard no matter if the price is high. Please also make sure that the mattress meat all the latest standard provided by the government.
Purchasing a best baby crib or mattress may sound like a boring task to you. But this is by far the best thing you would do to your kid- a nice warm heaven like crib for the little one. It is indeed a great investment if done well.
That’s why, whenever you make up your mind to buy a crib, mattress; follow all the rules, read all the guidelines. And most importantly, check everything from its hardware like bolts, screws and wood to the soft parts such as: mattress, sheets etc.